2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage
When Eagan drivers visit Mauer Chevrolet in search of a fuel-efficient new SUV, we often point them to the new Chevy Equinox. Just how efficient is this stylish family mover? The 2022 Chevrolet Equinox gas mileage is an impressive 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway when you stick with the standard front-wheel drivetrain. Explore the full spectrum of the Chevy Equinox gas mileage with us in the guide below! Then, learn more about the advanced features that help keep the Equinox fuel consumption low during your Woodbury commute.
A Closer Look at the Chevy Equinox Fuel Economy: FWD vs. AWD
The 2022 Equinox features one strong engine across all of its trim levels: a 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder. Front-wheel drive is the standard drivetrain, but you can also upgrade to all-wheel drive if you have concerns about the winter road conditions in St. Paul. As you’ll see below, the Chevrolet Equinox mpg ratings are only affected by one mile per gallon when you trade FWD for AWD:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
How Big is the Chevy Equinox Gas Tank?
Wondering how the Equinox is able to travel so many miles before requiring a fill up? It’s all thanks to the large Chevy Equinox gas tank, which is approximately 15.6 gallons.
Learn More About the Equinox Engine
The Equinox doesn’t need to offer numerous engine choices to impress Inver Grove Heights drivers. The standard Turbo-powered unit churns out a performance you can be proud of:
1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder Performance Specs:
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- Max. Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
Unlike some small SUVs, the Equinox even manages to provide decent towing specs with its base engine! The 1,500-pound maximum limit can safely tow a compact teardrop camper trailer or an ATV, just to name a couple examples.
Features That Help with the Chevy Equinox Fuel Economy
The Chevrolet Equinox mpg will make a positive impact on your monthly budget, but what are some of the features that help it to do so? Take a look:
- Automatic Stop/Start: If the conditions are correct, the Equinox engine can shut off automatically when you come to a full stop with your foot on the brake pedal. This can help conserve fuel when you’re at a long stoplight, and the engine restarts as soon as you remove your foot from the brake. If you ever want to turn the feature off temporarily, just use the disable switch.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): The Equinox has a standard TPMS, which can serve as a very useful tool when it comes to conserving fuel. When your tires are underinflated or overinflated, they can cause your fuel economy to take a hit. With the TPMS, you’ll always know if you need to address your tire pressure and you’ll never unknowingly waste fuel.
Explore the 2022 Equinox at Mauer Chevrolet
Ready to see how you feel behind the wheel of the Chevy Equinox? Contact Mauer Chevrolet to arrange a test drive with us in Inver Grove Heights! Our ongoing new Chevy specials can help kickstart the savings you’ll enjoy when you add the Equinox to your life.
Learn More at Mauer Chevrolet
The best-selling Chevy Equinox is no stranger to the Eagan roads, but with a multitude of customization options available, you’ll stand out from the crowd where ever you travel. The 2022 model year introduces eight Chevy Equinox colors, ranging from classic neutral tones to eye-popping vibrant hues to brighten up the Woodbury roads. Plus,…
If you’re in need of a compact SUV that is not only spacious, but also well-equipped and stylish to boot, then the 2021 Chevy Equinox interior might just be up your alley. With an interior that is loaded with technology, and plenty of choices for your Chevy Equinox colors to select from on the interior…
Are you in the market for a durable, powerful new truck that has off road capabilities? You are in luck. Chevrolet will be introducing its new Silverado 1500 trim in early 2022. This powerful, off-road vehicle offers Eagan drivers incredible performance capabilities, athletic driving, and convenient amenities that will elevate your driving experience. …