2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
If you need something that can move just about everything in your path, then you’re going to want to look at the new Silverado. The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds, This is on top of the Silverado 1500 payload of up to 2,280 pounds. This is partially due to the hydroformed box high-strength steel frame, but also the towing features that are installed throughout, giving the Silverado the distinction of being one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks available for Eagan drivers. You can also expect plenty of additional features, such as the Chevy Silverado towing mirrors, that make towing safely easier. Read more about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity below, and then contact us to schedule a test drive today.
Towing Capacity Per Engine
Most of the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity can be attributed to its powerful engine options:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This standard engine makes 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds, and also increases efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. This engine also provides drivers with the maximum Silverado 1500 payload.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on the roads near Woodbury.
Chevy Silverado Towing Features
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to work, so it only makes sense that it offers plenty of features to make towing and hauling easier by helping you reach the maximum Silverado 1500 payload. Find out what is available for St. Paul drivers to make towing easier and safer:
- Trailering Package: This package is standard for the Chevy Silverado 1500, and includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing by giving you an even better view around your Silverado.
Explore the Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity at Mauer Chevrolet
Now that you know more about the Silverado towing capacity, it’s time for you to experience its power for yourself. After scheduling a test drive, you can count on our finance department to help you get behind the wheel quickly. Browse our inventory of new and used trucks at Mauer Chevrolet, such as our used Chevy Colorado. You can also take advantage of our selection of new vehicle specials, which are guaranteed to save you even more money. Last, take a look at a preview of the 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2.
More from Mauer Chevrolet
The best-selling Chevy Equinox is no stranger to the Eagan roads, but with a multitude of customization options available, you’ll stand out from the crowd where ever you travel. The 2022 model year introduces eight Chevy Equinox colors, ranging from classic neutral tones to eye-popping vibrant hues to brighten up the Woodbury roads. Plus,…
If you’re in need of a compact SUV that is not only spacious, but also well-equipped and stylish to boot, then the 2021 Chevy Equinox interior might just be up your alley. With an interior that is loaded with technology, and plenty of choices for your Chevy Equinox colors to select from on the interior…
Are you in the market for a durable, powerful new truck that has off road capabilities? You are in luck. Chevrolet will be introducing its new Silverado 1500 trim in early 2022. This powerful, off-road vehicle offers Eagan drivers incredible performance capabilities, athletic driving, and convenient amenities that will elevate your driving experience. …